Last night, I made a fantastic dinner for hubby and I. It was my first attempt to cook a penne pesto pasta all from scratch and it was a success! I searched the ingredients and of course I added some of my personal preference. So I am sharing the recipe to you guys so you can try it. Enjoy!
2 pcs of chicken breast
1 lb. of penne pasta
1 medium size onion
1 cup mushrooms
half green bell pepper (optional)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. butter
For pesto sauce:
1/4 cup of almond and pine nuts
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup Olive oil
Toast the pine nut and walnuts together in a pan until brown. In a food processor, combine almond, pine nuts, garlic and grind them together. Add olive oil, basil salt and pepper and process them until pesto is pureed.
1. If you want it easier and quicker, you can put the sauce into a cook pasta and cooked chicken. Combine them together and you're done!
2. Another choice of preparing them since I like my pasta more creamier, I made more sauce and did it in my own style below ;).
Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Salt the water and add pasta to cook to al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
1. Cook the chicken in a frying pan.
2. In a separate pan, put the butter and saute' onion, bell pepper and mushroom. Add the flour after 5 minutes, the flour will make the sauce thicken enough.
3. Add milk, Parmesan cheese pesto sauce. Stir them for a minute.
4. Then add the pasta and stir them together.
5. Season it with saute and pepper to taste.
Happy eating! :D